We respect the EU’s General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and this policy explains how we collect and handle any information you provide us. We’re committed to keeping your personal and business information safe.
We’ll never use your personal information for any reason other than why you gave it, and we’ll never give anyone access to it unless we’re forced by law to do so.
Our Data Controller is Andrew Murphy. You can contact us via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy is effective from January 2020. We may change this policy occasionally by updating this page. You should check this occasionally to ensure that you’re comfortable with any changes.
Data you give to us
- Personal data: to be able to contact you, we need your name, email address and contact details.
- Communications with us: you may provide information when contacting us for support via the contact form, and we may keep records of that communication.
Data we collect automatically
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Analytics data: Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data, and other communication data.
- Enquiry data: We ask for contact information including your name and email address so that we can reply to your enquiry.
What we do with the data
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We are physically located in the United Kingdom. Our server is hosted in the UK in the European Union by the hosting company TSOHost
In the interest of transparency the following details the third party services, we use to provide our service to you, with information of the data stored or transmitted there:
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Google Page Speed Insights
You can read more about Google’s Analytics Policies here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/4597324?hl=en
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How we use site cookies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
You can learn about adjusting your cookie settings here: https://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. We may also use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you, but only where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
Controlling your data
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you may request details of personal information which we hold about you. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How we keep your data private
Where we store your information in third-party services, we restrict access only to people who need it. We store passwords in the 1Password app, an encrypted password manager, use a different, randomly generated password for each service, and never use the same password twice.
The computers we are protected by a password access. These computers ask for authentication whenever they’re started or after 10 minutes of inactivity.
How to complain
We take complaints very seriously. If you’ve any reason to complain about the ways we handle your privacy, please emails us, firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to the policy
If we change the contents of this policy, those changes will become effective the moment we publish them on our website.
© 2020 Andrew Murphy – Freelance Web Designer Brighton & UK